On November 30, 2018 IX (ninth) meeting of the Council for development of the Skopje planning region was held. Besides the Mayors from the Skopje planning region, representatives of the Bureau for Regional Development (BDI) were present at the session.
The session was held on the agenda:
- Adoption of the minutes of the VIII (eighth) meeting of the Council for development of the Skopje planning region
- Project proposals for financing by the MLS / BRP for 2019
- Proposed Decision for determining the priority list of projects for applying to the MLS / Bureau for Regional Development
At the request of the present, the agenda was supplemented with a point – Election of the Head of the Center for Development of the Skopje Planning Region, which was adopted by the Mayors.
The Council for Development of Skopje Planning Region with a majority of votes chose six projects with which the Center for Development of Skopje Planning Region will apply with the following municipalities: Gjorche Petrov, Center, Gazi Baba, Arachinovo, Ilinden, Butel, Suto Orizari at the Ministry of Local Self-Government Regional Bureau. The funds that the Ministry co-finances are in the amount of 20 million denars.
Further information was received by representatives from the Bureau for Regional Development who informed that this year the Government of the Republic of Macedonia increased the budget by around 35% for the projects for all the Planning regions. It was also emphasized that the projects that are not of regional significance will not be considered at all.
The election of the new Head was carried out by a Commission comprised of mayors from three municipalities in the Skopje region:
- Mayor of the Municipality of Gazi Baba Mr. Boris Georgievski – President of the Commission
- Mayor of the Municipality of G.Petrov – Mr. Aleksandar Naumoski Member of the Commission and
- Mayor of the municipality of Aracinovo – Ms. Milikije Halimi Member of the Commission
At the session by the President of the Council, Mr. Ljupcho-Kec Mickovski, the new Head of the Center for Development of the Skopje Planning Region, was officially presented and appointed.