The employees from the Center for Development of the Skopje Planning Region, led by the Head Ms Rozeta Arsovska, visited the Mayor of the Municipality of Gjorce Petrov, Mr. Sokol Mitrovski, who also serves as the President of the Skopje Planning Region. At the meeting, it was discussed about the projects realized so far and for the projects that should be realized at the regional level in the future.
At the same time, Ms. Arsovska thanked for the unreserved support from the current President of the CDSPR, Mr. Mitrovski, and on the unceasing field work, whenever there was a need for that. In the Skopje Planning Region, 17 municipalities and the City of Skopje are a separate unit of the local self-government, ten of which are urban and seven are rural municipalities. After the end of the mandate of the Mayor Mitrovski, a new President will be elected.
The mandate of the President lasts 2 years, and the mayor Mitrovski performed this function in two terms.
During the term of the President Mitrovski, many projects and technical documentation were realized, of which more important are:
- Reconstruction of part of the local road from the village Svilare from the connection with the local road near the Stopanski Dvor (Municipality of Gjorce Petrov to the border with the municipality of Saraj) in the length of 267.80m
- Reconstruction of the access road Dracevo – Motel Kitka-in the length of 530m
- Reconstruction of part of the access road to the recreation center “Teferich” in length of 1km.
- Prepration of technical documentation for regulation and regulation of the riverbed of the river Lepenec from the borders of the City of Skopje’s GUP, to the borders of the Republic of Macedonia. Macedonia with Republic of Kosovo, which is 9 km long.
- Preparation of a basic reconstruction project – extension and upgrading of the road from the village Patiska Reka to the regional road R-104, in length of 16 km.
- Improvement of the infrastructure conditions for economic development in the municipalities of Studenicani, Zelenikovo and Kisela Voda “in the length of 21 km.